Fortnite for Android: Everything you need to know about the battle royale
Currently, the game can only be downloaded through the official epic games website or from the Samsung galaxy store.
There is no doubt, Fortnite is one of the most popular games of today's gaming market. For this reason, it is not surprising that everyone wants to play this successful game anywhere, anytime.
Are you one of those users or gamers who has an Android mobile or tablet and is dying to try it?
Today in this article of Opjee we explain how you can download and play Fortnite for Android directly from its main page or from the Samsung Galaxy Store.
Recommended: How To Get Free Robux?
Where and how to download Fortnite for Android
August 2020 update: Google and Apple have withdrawn the Fortnite app from their respective stores for violating the payment policy.
And this why? Well, yesterday August 13, 2020, Epic Games made an update to the app for both Android and iOS that Google or Apple did not like at all.
In this update, users were allowed to make internal purchases within the app without going through the "box" of large companies.
In other words, the popular game bypassed the policies of the companies, which force them to go through the payment system of each one to guarantee certain security in them.
What has been the response from Epic Games? For now, he has filed a lawsuit against Apple, claiming that the company monopolizes the market.
In addition, he has parodied the famous and iconic Apple ad, "1984", which you can see here and is called Ninety Eighty-Fortnite.
Epic also filed a lawsuit against Google, very similar to the previous one. In this, they allege that Google's payment restrictions on the Play Store constitute a monopoly and, therefore, a violation of both the Sherman Act and the California Cartwright Act.
So where to download Fortnite for Android?
Apart from being able to download Fortnite on Android (not on iOS) from the official website (we'll explain everything step by step in the next section), Epic Games is encouraging users of this game to use the version published on the Samsung Galaxy Store.
One of the points in favor of doing it through the official Samsung app store is that you can get the controversial discount that has caused all this chaos: the V-Bucks (PaVos) and real money offers have a discount of 20% to through the official website and the Samsung Galaxy Store.
Epic Games has ensured that it will continue to update and maintain the APK, so downloading the app from here is very simple and safe.
Let's see how you can download Fortnite for Android in a simple way from its website through the following steps:
- The first thing to do is access from an Android device the official link of Fortnite for Android that we leave you here again.
- Once there (you can access it by scanning the QR code ) you will be taken to an official link to download the APK directly to your phone.
- Press directly on the official link and wait for the permissions that it will request. Click on accept to continue with the download.
On the other hand, it should be noted that the process can be done much faster if you already have a Fortnite account or an Epic Games user.
If so, you can request that the link be sent to you directly once you have placed yourself on the list or have created your account.
If you are a Samsung user, the game will download immediately.
Also Read: Free Roblox Promo Codes
How to install
If you've already downloaded the Fortnite APK on Android, it's time to install it. Therefore, you must follow these steps:
- Once the download is complete on Android, you need to initialize the launcher. It will ask you if you want this app to be installed on your phone. You give it OK.
- Then, you will be specified the space requirements to install the game correctly on our mobile. We give Continue.
- Our phone or device can see it as an app of unknown origin, therefore, we must make you understand that we allow any update or change of it by turning on the switch.
- Once the installation is finished, press open or go directly to the home screen by clicking on Fortnite Installer.
- Log in by logging in with your Account. If you can't, look in your email for the access you have been given to confirm your entry.
What devices are compatible with Fortnite?
These are the phones currently compatible with the popular game from Epic Games:
- Samsung Galaxy: S7 / S7 Edge, S8 / S8 +, S9 / S9 +, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3, Tab S4
- Google: Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL
- Asus: ROG Phone, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V
- Huawei: Honor 10, Honor Play, Mate 10 / Pro, Mate RS, Nova 3, P20 / Pro, V10
- LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30 +
- Nokia: 8
- OnePlus: 5 / 5T, 6
- Razer: Phone / Phone 2
- Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6/6 Plus, Mi 8/8 Explorer, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2
- ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s, Nubia Z11
- HTC: 10, U Ultra, U11 / U11 +, U12 +
- Lenovo: Moto Z / Z Droid, Moto Z2 Force
- Sony: Xperia XZ / Premium, Xzs, XZ1 / Compact, XZ2 / Premium / Compact, XZ3
If you want to play at 60FPS, you must have one of these terminals:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (US version only)
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10 +
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+, Note 10+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A90 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- HONOR View20
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Huawei P30 / P30 Pro
- Sony Xperia 1
- Xiaomi Mi9
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 8, 8 Pro
- ASUS ROG Phone II
And to play at 90FPS, you can only do it with One Plus 8 or One Plus 8 Pro.
How to play Fortnite on Android: tips to win
If you have already tried Fortnite for computers, surely you are already familiar with many of the things in the game.
In that case, you won't have as much trouble adjusting. However, here we are going to leave you some tips to play Fortnite on Android.
- Keep the automatic shooting mode on. This way, you can quickly attack an enemy when it appears in your range of vision. There are many types of shots that you can change and test.
- Turn on the sound identifier so you can more easily know where objects and other enemies are hiding.
- Remember to start farming but in moderation. One of the reasons for this is that many of the items you'll need to make sounds that can alert other players.
- Build and destroy as you advance. It may seem like a very simple thing, but in the long run, it will be very useful to you while you encounter obstacles or there is a fight near you. You will have a place to hide or you can go destroying the enemy fortresses.
- Keep the option to collect automatic weapons disabled. In Fortnite, there are many objects, but some can really be of little use to you. This will save you time. Also, remember not to focus on only one type of weapon, the idea is to have a variety.
- Do not neglect your life as well as your shield, because you must renew them periodically.
- Disable the option to open doors automatically. Imagine that you are running from an enemy. If the doors open when you are close, you can open the wrong one and you will have arrived there.
- Try different button positions. We do not all have the same ways of playing or feeling comfortable. You can be right-handed or left-handed, but the idea is that with the buttons in a certain position you can be faster.
Read Also: Best Apps For Free In-App Purchases
The best tricks to play Fortnite on your smartphone
Whether you have extensive experience in Fortnite or if you are a beginner user, it never hurts to know a series of tricks to be more successful, especially if you go to the Android version, since it will cost you to adapt to its playability if you are used to playing on the big screen and with the help of mouse, keyboard or controller.
For this reason, below we will focus on specific Fortnite tricks for mobile, which will allow you to adapt to a smartphone is not so hard and you can get along easily in a matter of no time. Do you want to know them? It's time to take note!
How to open doors automatically
As we have recommended in the tips section, it is best to deactivate the option to open the doors automatically as it will allow you to hide better and flee from enemies in compromising situations. Now, what you may be interested in knowing is the possibility of opening closed doors with an ID scanner, which is essential to overcome certain challenges.
In this case, you have to do is find a phone booth and dress up. Once you do, head over to the locked door scanner and it will open automatically. It is important that you bear in mind that these types of doors will only open if you are in disguise.
Play with your controller
Without a doubt, one of the main questions for users is to know if they can play Fortnite for mobile using a controller.
And it is that playing only with the controls on the screen can be very complicated, especially against high-level opponents who have entered the game from the computer or console. In these situations, competitive disadvantage can be a drag.
Well, the good news is that mobile Fortnite also supports Bluetooth controllers, a feature that was added in the game's 7.3 updates. And it is that taking into account this novelty, the most advisable thing is to use the remote since you will be able to have a greater command of all the controls.
Among the different compatible mobile controllers, the Steelseries Sratus XL, the Moto Gamepad, or the XBox1, among many others, stand out.
How to get free V-Bucks
V-Bucks (or V-Bucks in English) is essential to advance in Fortnite. Now, if you do not want to resort to micropayments to get them or visit websites of dubious origin, you have the option of getting these coins completely free and legal.
In this sense, the only possible way to win V-Bucks is through the game itself or raffles carried out by Epic Games.
So, for example, you can get them by playing Save the World mode, which you must buy in advance. Yes, we know that then it is not a 100% free method, but you should approach it as an initial investment that will give you free V-Bucks in the long term.
You will be rewarded for connecting to the mode daily (starting on the 11th), for completing daily tasks or completing missions (Stonewood, Storm Shield, and Twine Peaks).
On the other hand, you can also get up to 150 turkeys through secondary missions in Fortnite Battle Royale or win 50 of these coins each time you complete a challenge (up to a maximum of 10 times).
Finally, if you are able to accumulate 950 V-Bucks, you will be eligible to purchase the Battle Pass, where you can purchase up to 1500 more V-Bucks.
You May Like Also: How to Create Clothes on Roblox
How to thank the driver
One of the most recurring jokes among users in the early days of Fortnite was thanking the bus driver. In fact, this action became so viral that Epic Games later added this option to the game. Now, how can I do it on mobile?
You just have to press the "Gestures" button that you will find in the upper right corner of the screen when you are inside the bus.
Once you do, your name will be orange and a message will appear saying that you have thanked the driver.
How to change your name in Fortnite
First of all, you should know that the name or nick that appears in Fortnite is the same as that used in the registration with Epic Games. However, this name is not definitive since the game allows you to change it as many times as you want. This is the procedure to follow:
- Log in with your username and password on the Epic Games website.
- Go to the upper corner of the screen and click on your name to open a drop-down menu.
- Next, select the Account option to enter a new screen.
- Once inside, click on Personal Information. When you do this, a new section of personal data will appear with a box called Screen Name, where you must enter your new nickname.
- Retype your new name and click Confirm.
- Finally, swipe the screen to the bottom and click Save changes. And now you have it!
If you have already followed the steps, you will only have to restart the game for the name change to take effect. This procedure works for both mobile and PC or console and can be done every 15 days.
Trick shooting: how to overcome all challenges
Overcoming all Trick Shot challenges in Fortnite is not an easy task. Although some are simple, you will need a few tricks to complete them all. Therefore, we briefly summarize how to get the most complicated:
- Eat apples in the Orchard: if you want to find apples quickly, you should know that they are in the northwestern part of this area. You will overcome the challenge if you consume 3 apples.
- Gain health with a fish, a fish, and a fish sorbet: in this case, you must move to an area where there are water and a fishing rod and look for bubbles.
- Named Locations Visit: Although this is not one of the most difficult challenges, it is essential that you visit at least three locations in a single game.
- Take no fall damage when landing: To launch yourself from a certain height and not take damage when falling, you can use bundles of hay or a garbage container.
How to fall faster
Are you wondering how to land much faster than your opponents in Battle Royale mode?
While it was previously recommended to land in the lowest areas of the map, with the new updates it is more effective to do so in the highest.
To do this, try to find a tall building, a mountain peak, a tree, or something that has an edge to jump from. Then, once you jump, you must plummet and deploy the hang glider at the last moment. If done correctly, you can collect up to 350 Battle Stars.